Key House provides office space for six local voluntary organisations. The former council chamber is now a light and airy training and meeting space which can be hired inexpensively by local community groups. Our Hot Desk facility enables small community groups to rent a desk for a morning or afternoon session, once or twice a week.
Key House dominates the street scene on Yiewsley High Street. Originally built in the 1920’s as the Town Hall for the Yiewsley Urban District Council, it was designed in the Free Classical style by the brothers Archibald and John Soutar who are best known for their work on the Ruislip Manor estate and Hampstead Garden Suburb.
The building served as the town hall until the 1950s and continued in use, housing various council offices and services up to the 1990’s.
By the end of the 20th Century the building was falling into disrepair. Hillingdon CAB continued to provide a service from Key House until early in 2002 when an ambitious plan
was launched to refurbish the building and create a modern facility for local voluntary and community groups.
The refurbishment work was paid for by the Hayes and West Drayton SRB Partnership and a grant from the Lottery Community Fund has enabled the building to be fully furnished and equipped for community use.
Following the completion of a two-storey extension, and extensive refurbishment work, Key House was reopened in Summer 2003 as a Voluntary Sector Resource Centre.
Office accommodation and a light and airy training and meeting space, known as the Derek Stobbs Training/Community room are available for hire by voluntary organisations, community groups and non-profit organisations.
Key House is owned and managed by the Key House Trust.